Another Side
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the southern countries of the shinobi world

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyoujin saigo
Umikage
Kyoujin saigo

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion Empty
PostSubject: Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion   Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 12:34 am

This is both the home to the small Karuto Clan as well as the sight of the world famous Carnival of Illusion. People come from far and wide to wittiness its oddities and wonders from around the globe. There are several buildings of different sizes arranged is a large three layered circle, in the center of which is a giant red and white stripped circus tent.
There is a hall of illusion, the carnivals namesake.
A house of horrors, as well as freak show.
An Amazing Maze, it often takes people all day to traverse its twisting halls.
There is a fortune teller, a magician, and all manner of jugglers, clowns, fools, games, food vendors, and all other sorts of carnival types.

The main attraction is always different, changing on a weekly basis. There are all sorts of exotic animals, acts, and people. This is always hosted by the carnivals founder Jaaku Karuto.
Back to top Go down
Kyoujin saigo
Umikage
Kyoujin saigo

PostSubject: Re: Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion   Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 12:50 am

Jaaku Karuto walked around his beloved carnival, making sure everything was ready for tonights show. This was the first night of a new and exciting exhibit and several important people from around the country would be in attendance. Behind he was Cathrine, one of his assistance. She was carrying a clip board with a very long checklist on it.

"How about the dancing bears? Are they fed and ready?"

The young woman flipped through the pages of the list, searching for dancing bears. "Yes sir, they are all set."
The pair continued to walk, Jaaku stopping at a random booth every so often to check its status.

"And what about the clowns and Milenko? Are they all ready?"
Cathrine flipped through the sheets again, "Yes sir, they are ready."

Jaaku continued to walk, jig jagging between boths. "Good, Good....and the box?"
Her eyes widened at the mention of this box. She frantically searched her documentation.
"Um...the box has not been taken out of storage yet sir...sorry" She grimaced as she spoke.
"Well, please get someone on that my dear. It is our main attraction tonight." His voice was calm and cool as the snow began to fall.
"Yes sir Mr. Karuto. Consider it done." She turned and motioned to men to her and quickly instructed them on what do to.

"Good girl," he yawned and streched his arms wide,"I think I am going to take a nap."

With that he walked off towards his home at the back of the estate, leaving the young woman there alone to finish tonights preparations.
Back to top Go down
Mikomi
Admin
Mikomi

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion   Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 7:08 pm

A couple of minutes after leaving the office building, Yukiko—along with her bodyguard, Taichi—stood in front of the gates of the Karuto Clan Estate. It was a little ironic that the kunoichi had been all over Hyouga, and she had yet to visit this circus—and when she finally does show up here, it was because of a mission. Yukiko would have to remember to come back for fun some time after her task is complete.

The snow had begun to fall lightly as soon as the jounin arrive at the gates. The gates were still shut, but if she were to look through the bars, the carneys were buzzing about, getting ready for tonight’s show. After seeing this, Yukiko turned to Taichi, the snow crunching below her feet ever so slightly as she moved.

”Huh… It’s still closed.” she told the bodyguard as she crossed her arms. ”I guess we’ll just have to come back later then.”

Of course, they could just sneak through the gates now to search for the missing scroll, but Yukiko found it easier if they entered while the carnival was open. With the workers busy doing their job, and with hundreds of villagers strolling about, it would be much less difficult to sneak around without getting caught.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/?u=1672857
Kyoujin saigo
Umikage
Kyoujin saigo

PostSubject: Re: Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion   Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 10:34 pm

Cathrine noticed the newcomer almost immediately, she had a gift for things like that she was told, a the young woman entered the estate.
Walking towards her Cathrine suddenly realized who this young woman was, and was shocked.
"What is the kages daughter doing here?" she asked herself quietly.
Determined to find out she mustered her confidence and walked up to the young woman.
"Excuse me," she said in a very authoritive tone, "Can I help you? We are not yet open today."
Back to top Go down
Mikomi
Admin
Mikomi

PostSubject: Re: Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion   Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 6:08 pm

Just as the young jounin turned to leave, she was interrupted by another woman’s voice coming from the gates. She simply turned her head to look before answering.

”Oh, I have realized that after arriving here.” Yukiko stated with a slight smile appearing between her rosy cheeks. She shifted so she was fully facing the woman.

”I guess I got a little excited and came here a little too early. I’ve never actually been to a circus before.”
Back to top Go down
HopefulRage
Morikage

Number of posts : 157

PostSubject: Re: Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion   Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 9:13 pm

"I wonder why someone would hide some important thing in a circus," Taichi wondered as the two stood near the gates. "It better not snow any harder than this......."

Some lady came out the gates and asked Yukiko a question.

"Yeah, you can...." Taichi growled to match the lady's tone but Yukiko cut him off and answered for him.

"Excited my ass....." Muttered Taichi. Knowing Yukiko, she probably wasn't at all. Who knows what goes on that girl's head.
Back to top Go down
Kyoujin saigo
Umikage
Kyoujin saigo

PostSubject: Re: Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion   Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 10:40 pm

Cathrine raise her left eye brow momentarily at the rough mans tone but then quickly replaced it with a friendlier guise.
"Really?" she did an amazing job faking surprise and interest as she replied to the young woman "Well then you must stay."
She then shifted the tone of her voice to convay something more questioning and protective. Still somewhat of a cheery helpful tone.
"assuming that is the reason for your visit?"

A chilling breeze swept across the estate and the young Cathrine pulled her thick coat closer to her body as she waited a response from either person.
Back to top Go down
Mikomi
Admin
Mikomi

PostSubject: Re: Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion   Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 6:08 pm

In her mind, Yukiko was glaring at Taichi at his last and unnecessary comment. It was true that she was not very excited about the circus, but the man did not have to blurt it out in front of one of the employees! The jounin would have to see to it that Taichi will be tormented after the mission was over with.

Despite the slight anger, the young lady kept a straight face and smiled the same way the woman was smiling at her.

”Oh, as much as I would like to, I would not want to impose.” Yukiko replied politely. A breeze blew over them, carrying flakes of snow that stuck to the girl’s face. She simply brushed them off as she pulled the hood of her silk cloak over her head. The fur lining of the garment kept her completely warm and cozy.
Back to top Go down
HopefulRage
Morikage

PostSubject: Re: Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion   Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 1:09 am

'Erk' Thought Taichi.

He felt a dark aura glaring at him, mostly likely Yukiko. Man, he's going be be dead later and Taichi knew it dearly. He lost count on how many times Yukiko tormented him after he said something not to her liking. Alot of people comment about how he acts like a dog to her, since he is almost always seen near her or getting scolded for things, etc. It hurt Taichi's pride but he swallowed it, Yukiko gave him a place to stay in, food to eat, and a something to live for. Hell, he even respects the girl more for dealing with him and his attitude. He knows that he can be hard to deal with, he blames his old village that he doesn't remember.

So Taichi shut up for a bit unless he is needed to speak and continued to listen the them talk.
Back to top Go down
Kyoujin saigo
Umikage
Kyoujin saigo

PostSubject: Re: Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion   Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:30 pm

"It most deffiniately would not be an impossision." The young assistant cleared her throught to break up the heavy silence. " In fact I insist that you do stay so that you may procure the best possible seats. Tonight is a very special show."
She bowed every so slightly and motioned towards the large tent at the center of the estate.
"Please come this way." She then turned sharply on her heal and began to lead the two shinobi towards the big tent, bobbing cheerfully as she walked.
Back to top Go down
Mikomi
Admin
Mikomi

PostSubject: Re: Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion   Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:23 pm

Although Yukiko would have prefered to come back later, she agreed to stay anyway since doing so would not make much of a difference to the mission.

"Thank you, miss. You are very kind." said the Aido jounin as the woman turned to lead them into the estate. Yukiko waved at Taichi, motioning him to come along as she followed the circus employee herself.

Even though the guest were no arriving yet, the estate appeared to be much more lively than anything in the entire village. Many small but colorful tents were planted into the snow all around her, and there were dozens of strange looking and tackily dressed people just strolling about or getting ready for the show. Yukiko looked ahead to see where they were going, and realized they were headed straight toward the largest tent located right in the middle of the area. She then turned to the woman she and Taichi were following, who seemed awfully cheerful as she appeared to be half-skipping her way to their destination.

"May I ask what makes tonight's show so special?" the jounin asked just so there was something to talk about on the way.
Back to top Go down
HopefulRage
Morikage

PostSubject: Re: Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion   Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:06 am

Taichi followed Yukiko and the lady to inside the estate where preparations were still being worked on. Inside was...very colorful to say at the least. Taichi wondered if it could get anymore colorful. There were also a lot of people in strange costumes, like EVERYWHERE he looked. He wandered away from Yukiko by accident and soon found him standing in front of the Fortuneteller's Tent.

"Fortune telling? Che,
" Scoffed Taichi, "It's all mumbo jumbo anyways,"
Back to top Go down
Mikomi
Admin
Mikomi

PostSubject: Re: Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion   Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:38 pm

After having a little meal at the restaurant with the daughter of the ring master, Haruka suddenly felt the need to come back to the estate right away--even if there was plenty of time before the carnival gates actually open. Someone she wanted to meet had just arrived a few minutes ago, and the psychic wanted to encounter him before he would decide to leave his current path.

Getting in and around the estate had proved to be slightly difficult for the blind woman at times. The gates were usually locked, so it would often take her a minute or two to find the keyhole and unlock it. Getting around the estate would actually be a lot easier as long as she paid attention. All she would have to do is watch out for any heavy objects being moved, or animals who are dancing around.

Haruka would eventually arrive to her fortune telling tent, and in front of it, she could sense a man standing. Perfect. She had arrived just in time to greet her new costumer, or victim for a better term. She had seen him coming, and saw that she would be able to make a huge profit from him if she plays her cards right.

A grin spread across the psychic's face before moving closer to the male. She decided to give him a freebie.

"The tent is actually a lot warmer than it appears." she told the man as she approached him from behind. "The sky is bitter as it always is, making the frosted beings suffer from its cold nature. A swordsman will surely fall ill from it."
Back to top Go down
HopefulRage
Morikage

PostSubject: Re: Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion   Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 2:22 am

"W..what?" Stuttered Taichi, he drew his sword from his scabbard instinctively, "How the hell did you get behind me?!"

Taichi saw an young woman in her early thirties (Correct me if I'm wrong, forgot her age ><) who he knows now as the owner of this Fortuneteller tent because she started talking in an old speech that only Fortunetellers would say. After calming down, Taichi sheathed his weapon and nursed his pride (cause he got caught off-guard).
He replied truthfully, "S'okay, I always get thrown out of the house and I never caught a cold then so I'll probably not catch one now,"

"'Sides I gotta look for Yukiko or she'll murder me later........" He murmured to himself but maybe he would go in just to peek in what's inside the tent, if he was convinced enough. (hinthint)
Back to top Go down
Mikomi
Admin
Mikomi

PostSubject: Re: Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion   Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 1:02 pm

The woman appeared slightly disappointed with the man's reply, but that would not stop her. She was determined to make some money off of him.

"You choose to not heed my warning?" Haruka said as she crossed her arms. She then sighed and walked past Taichi, over to the entrance of her tent. Coincidentally, the wind had decided to pick up as the snowflakes appeared to fall slightly faster. This was very fortunate for the psychic.

"Hmm... Very well then. We shall meet..." Her words trailed off suddenly as if she were trying to find a right way to correct herself. After a short moment, she completely shrugged to herself and continued. "Well... Farewell..."

With her voice sounding as if she saw the man's death coming soon, she entered her tent with a hidden grin on her face, leaving Taichi out in the cold.
Back to top Go down
Kyoujin saigo
Umikage
Kyoujin saigo

PostSubject: Re: Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion   Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 9:40 pm

The assitant answered the young nobles question without turning or breaking stride.
"Tonight we are unveiling one of the masters great treasures for the very first time. It is a very rare item that only few have seen and even fewer have opened."
He tone began to overflow with excitement as she told about the events to occure.
"Tonight we hope to change that. It promises to be very exciting."

She continued to walk leading the shinobi into the large tent in the center of the estate. Inside were all manner of performers. Acrobats swung in colorful uniforms from nigh invisible strings, Fools and Jesters ran about cartwheeling and springing through the seats, and a small caravan of four large grey creatures circled the center ring with a small colorfully dressed man leading the way. The whole tent was filled with live festive organ music and several more bright folk wandered about playing a plethora of other smaller intruments.
Then there was the engery, this place was not only much warmer than outside but also buzzed with a festive energy similar to anticipation of a birthday or other long awaited occation.
All and all it was a very breath taking sight to behold.
Back to top Go down
Mikomi
Admin
Mikomi

PostSubject: Re: Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion   Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion EmptyMon May 18, 2009 11:32 pm

"A rare item, you say?" Yukiko said as she sounded interested. The said item the woman had spoken of could be the scroll she was supposed to retrieve. However, she was not too sure yet. She would have to get a little more information before any plan of action.

Just to see if her bodyguard had the same thoughts, or if he was paying any attention at all, the jounin turned her head to where she expected him to be following. Of course, Taichi had suddenly disappeared on her. By now, Yukiko had gotten very used to the man vanishing like that. Whether or not her father had anything to do with his many disappearances, the girl knew that the guard would wander back to her eventually. For now, she continued to follow the woman into the large tent.

"I must admit, this exciting treasure you are speaking of heightens my curiousity a bit."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion   Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion Empty

Back to top Go down

Karuto Clan Estate: The Carnival of Illusion
Page 1 of 1